A very warm welcome to Class 22B at BYOM! It is great having you!
Here is all the important information for your course! You can always come back to this page for reference.
Bernhard Kerres will lead ten webinars on career management and entrepreneurship for classical musicians. The webinars are based on Bettina Mehne’s and his book, Be Your Own Manager. The webinars are a good opportunity for you to boost your career and not only your immune system during these challenging times.
The webinars will always be held on Mondays at 5:00 pm/17:00 CET (Vienna, Austria Time) starting Monday, October 10th, 2022. The dates are below. If you miss a class, you can always watch the recording to be up to speed.
Each webinar will last around 90 to 120 minutes. The webinars will be held in English. All webinars will be online and hosted on Zoom. You will get the respective link a few days before we start the course.
The webinars will address:
- October 10th: Developing a Career Strategy unique to you
- October 17th: An introduction to Marketing yourself
- October 31st: How to write your bios, what photos and videos you need
- November 7th: Your Digital Presence with your webpage and your activities on social media
- November 14th: Selling Yourself and your projects as well as the roles of managers and agents
- November 21st: The importance of Fans and how to grow your fanbase
- November 28th: Financing and Crowdfunding your ideas
- December 5th: Doing Your First Recording
- December 12th: Time and Project Management to be more efficient and driven
- December 19th: Becoming a Promoter yourself
If you miss a class you can always watch the recording to be up to speed.
Each webinar will last around 90 to 120 minutes. The webinars will be held in English. All webinars will be online hosted on Zoom. You can download the Zoom App here: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting. It works on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Meeting ID: 829 5656 6202
My recommendation is to attend class from a computer. Then you see my presentations better. Also, I suggest you use a headphone as the audio quality is much better with it.
Collaboration with the community is an important part of our learning experience. Make sure that you are signed up for our Discord Server. Click here and register: https://discord.gg/Pt8B9KmQMn. Discord is a fun space where a lot of exchange takes place. It is an awesome way to connect with the community! Please also introduce yourself there in the channel #introduce-yourself! Thanks 🙂