Bernhard Kerres will lead 12 webinars on career management and entrepreneurship for classical musicians. The webinars are based on Bettina Mehne’s and his book, Be Your Own Manager. The webinars are a good opportunity for you to boost your career and not only your immune system during these challenging times.
The webinars will always be held on Mondays at 5:00 pm/17:00 CET (Vienna, Austria Time) starting on Monday, September 13th, 2021. The dates are below. If you miss a class you can always watch the recording to be up to speed.
Each webinar will last around 90 to 120 minutes. The webinars will be held in English. All webinars will be online hosted on Zoom. You will get the respective link a few days before we start the course.
The webinars will address:
- Sept 13th: An Introduction into career management and entrepreneurship for classical musicians in a world after COVID-19
- Sept 20th: Developing a Career Strategy unique to you
- Sept 27th: An introduction to Marketing yourself
- Oct 4th: How to write your bios, what photos and videos you need
- Oct 11th: Your Digital Presence with your webpage and your activities on social media
- Oct 18th: Selling Yourself and your projects as well as the roles of managers and agents
- Nov 1st: The importance of Fans and how to grow your fanbase
- Nov 8th: Financing and Crowdfunding your ideas
- Nov 15th: Doing Your First Recording
- Nov 29th: Time and Project Management to be more efficient and driven
- Dec 6th: Becoming a Promoter yourself
- Dec 13th: Working Together for a better future
The classes will be a mixture of lectures, case studies, break-out sessions, and workshops. You have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss your own situation, and get feedback on your career and the next steps you could take.
An important part of the course is working together in study groups. You will be assigned to a study group and get a mentor for your study group. You will be expected to do individual homework as well as group work. This will include re-writing your bio, working out a sales plan, feedback on cold calling, and more. You will receive personal feedback on your homework and your assignments from Bernhard Kerres and the Teaching Assistant.
The places are strictly limited to ensure that we have a good class interaction.
As part of the Be Your Own Manager family, you are invited to regular guest lectures free of charge. These are held by leaders in classical music and give you the opportunity to ask questions and get inside views. Furthermore, you are becoming part of our growing family with our very own social network. It is a great way to exchange ideas, views, and opportunities with each other. This space is reserved for participants and alumni of the Be Your Own Manager courses.
Understanding the financial pressure many artists are currently under, we offer these webinars on a Pay-As-You-Can scheme. The normal price would be EUR 299 for all 12 webinars. We ask you for a minimum contribution at a price of one cappuccino per webinar. Should you find that difficult to pay, please contact us with alternative compensation ideas.
Bernhard Kerres was the CEO and Artistic Director of the Wiener Konzerthaus. He founded the LinkedIn for classical musicians, HELLO STAGE. Together with Bettina Mehne he wrote the career handbook for classical musicians, Be Your Own Manager. He regularly coaches musicians and ensembles on their careers. He also consults orchestras, promoters, and presenters on strategy and innovation. Find out more on Bernhard Kerres at www.bernhardkerres.com.