Sales Intensive Course
Dates & Times:
- Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 5 pm CET (Vienna, Austria, Time)
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 5 pm CET (Vienna, Austria, Time)
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 5 pm CET (Vienna, Austria, Time)
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 5 pm CET (Vienna, Austria, Time)
Lengths: 4 sessions of around 2 hours each
Format: Instructor-led live online webinar on Zoom with several breakout sessions. Guided group coaching sessions are available as an additional option.
Instructor: Oliver Sartena
Target Audience: Musicians and ensemble members
Maximum Number of Participants: 24
Pre-Requisite: BYOM Base Course or similar experiences of sales and marketing
Material Included: Handouts of the presentations used in the webinars. Links to rewatch the webinars.
Even with the slow down and often stop because of COVID 19, many concert halls and festival have their core planning season in the Fall of every year. The course will guide you through the annual sales process. It allows you, to build up relationships with promoters and presenters, drive the sales process, and hopefully close many concerts for the upcoming season. You will receive individual feedback on your process, material, letters, etc.
As an additional option, guided group coaching sessions are available, which will allow you to work in even more detail on your sales efforts and to get personal feedback and encouragement.
An overview of the sessions:
- Session 1 – Start: Recap of marketing, sales, and relationship building; identification of key contacts; database build-up
- Session 2 – Networking: Understanding key account management, network build-up, and making contact
- Session 3 – Selling: Getting from having made contact to actually selling
- Session 4 – Closing: The art of closing deals
Oliver Sartena is a true marketing and sales pro. He was managing director and head of marketing for Austria’s biggest fine wine retailer Wein & Co for over ten years, before founding and leading “Just Taste”, the wine shop start-up that combines online-retail and real wine experience. Together with Bernhard Kerres, he created the Wine & Music series at the Vienna Concert House, one of the most successful new series. As a former member of the Vienna Boys Choir, he never stopped loving playing the piano and experiencing music. Oliver already co-taught the first BYOM Sales Intensive Course.