Vienna Career Boot Camp
You have done your BYOM Base Course. You had some rest. Now it is time to jumpstart the new season full of energy. Six high-intensity hands-on days to get you ready to sell your projects and apply for jobs.
Dates & Times:
- Monday, Aug 30, 2021, 9:30 am CET (Vienna, Austria, Time): Base Course recap
- Tuesday, Aug 31, 2021, 9:30 am CET (Vienna, Austria, Time): Lovemark, products, profile, and fees
- Wednesday, Sept 1, 2021, 9:30 am CET (Vienna, Austria, Time): Communication strategy
- Thursday, Sept 2, 2021, 9:30 am CET (Vienna, Austria, Time): Database management
- Friday, Sept 3, 2021, 9:30 am CET (Vienna, Austria, Time): Sales circle and masterplan
- Saturday, Sept 4, 2021, from 10 am CET (Vienna, Austria, Time): BYOM Picknick
Additionally, you can join a daily StandUp Meeting at 5 pm CET. These are short meetings of about 30 minutes to address issues you might have while developing your projects and ideas.
Furthermore, you can join guided group sessions with either Bernhard or Oliver, as well as individual coaching sessions.
Lengths: 6 intensive days
Format: Live in Vienna at Schottenring 14
Instructor: Bernhard Kerres and Oliver Sartena
Target Audience: Musicians, conductors, singers, composers, people working in arts management, music enthusiasts
Maximum Number of Participants: 14
Pre-Requisite: BYOM Base Course
Material Included: Handouts of the presentations used in the webinars. Links to rewatch the webinars.
A new season starts. The worst of the pandemic is – hopefully – behind us. In one week you get all the hands-on information and support to be fit for the new season. At the end of the week, you are ready to go out, sell your projects, follow up, and close deals. You have all the materials ready. You know where to get started. You tried a few things out. You are ready to go!
The morning sessions are around 1.5 to 2 hours. In the afternoons you have time to put everything you learned into action. Yes, there might be some time left to practice a bit, too. At 5 pm we meet online for a quick StandUp meeting to see if anyone was stuck somewhere and to help them along.
The sessions in detail are:
- 1st Session: Base Course recap – A recap of the most important content from the BYOM Base Course relevant for getting you started in marketing and sales.
- 2nd Session: Lovemark, products, profile, and fees – Working in detail with you on sharpening your profile, clarifying your product offering, and finding a suitable fee range. All that is connected to your lovemark.
- 3rd Session: Communication strategy – How do you communicate on which channels and how often for each key segment relevant to you. What newsletters do you need? What are your key segments? How to best communicate with them from newsletters to mails, to letters, to calls, to meetings, etc.
- 4th Session: Database management – You cannot communicate, market, and sell if you do not have a suitable database. We will work with you to set up your database and start filling it with you.
- 5th Session: Sales circle and masterplan – With all your materials ready we work with you on a detailed sales plan for the next six months. Whom do you contact when? When to follow up? How to keep an overview of what is going on?
You also have the opportunity to work in groups – either with the guidance of Bernhard or Oliver or without. We can provide you with working spaces in our offices if required.
Bernhard Kerres was the CEO and Artistic Director of the Wiener Konzerthaus. He founded the LinkedIn for classical musicians, HELLO STAGE. Together with Bettina Mehne he wrote the career handbook for classical musicians, Be Your Own Manager. Bernhard was the first opera singer to become a C-level executive of multi-million Euro tech companies. And he was the only artistic director of a world-leading concert house to bring his startup to Silicon Valley. He regularly coaches musicians and ensembles on their careers. He also consults orchestras, promoters, and presenters on strategy and innovation. Find out more on Bernhard Kerres at www.bernhardkerres.com.
Oliver Sartena is a true marketing and sales pro. He was managing director and head of marketing for Austria’s biggest fine wine retailer Wein & Co for over ten years, before founding and leading “Just Taste”, the wine shop start-up that combines online retail and real wine experience. Together with Bernhard Kerres, he created the Wine & Music series at the Vienna Concert House, one of the most successful new series. As a former member of the Vienna Boys Choir, he never stopped loving playing the piano and experiencing music. Oliver already co-taught the first BYOM Sales Intensive Course.